Friday, October 17, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip!
















What a great day we had, visiting the Great Peter Pumpkin Patch, in Petaluma. This is not the Pumpkin Patch everyone sees off HWY 101- Oh, no sir, this Pumpkin Patch took you through the back roads of Petaluma- up and down & all around, until I thought to myself "why did we decide to drive out here again?"and then I saw why- this Pumpkin Patch had it all: Tons of pumpkins, huge haystacks (extra emphasis on the "S"), petting zoo, cow milkings- yes, cow milkings, dig your own potatoes, hay maze...and creamery ice cream, made right there on the farm!
It was a beautiful day, so warm and sunny, and the children soaked up every last bit of it that morning! One of the highlights of our trip was when we went on a ride around the whole farm (well, a big part of the farm), with Farmer Bill. He shared with us his family's genealogy and their story of migration to Sebastopol, and eventually, Petaluma. He even was willing to take a photograph with the children- I think I was more excited about that than them:)
We enjoyed lunch on the farm & let the kids pick our their own ice cream cups. I wanted to get them pumpkin flavor- but they ran out, so Lorien chose vanilla & Darius chose strawberry. I got to buy my favorite cheese, Jersey Hill "Garlic Curd" only the best cheese ever!
After lunch we packed up & headed home, the morning sure went by fast!

No comments: