Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday, October 17th











Words of the day: Gradual
Gemelo

9:30-9:45-Opening circle time- Calendar time, opening song, go over letter of the week & words of the day.
9:45-10:15-Journals & special project- create a garden
10:15-10:45- wash hands/snack/free play
10:45- off to the library!

I must say, I am so impressed with the children and how much they have learned in such a short amount of time! I love hearing Darius & Lorien sing, "Buenos Dias" every morning, and I especially love hearing them recite the days of the week in English and in Spanish. What sponges are they! I also love seeing Vanessa & Leilah trying to get in on the schooling action- sitting down at circle time (that is, when they are not wrestling- and by "wrestling" I mean, Vanessa putting Leilah in a choker hold).
Today we were able to plant our own little mini gardens, using beans from my kitchen, and soil from the backyard. Sister Stevens was nice enough to put together a couple of planters for the children made from old oatmeal containers. The children dug for the soil in the yard and placed them in the planters. Then, they put the beans in the soil and we talked about what seeds need to grow. The children really caught on fast and are so eager to see their plans grow, as are we! I got advice from Cyrus, my oldest son (he's all of 8 years!) on how to plant the seeds correctly and how much water to feed them. He is quite the gardener like his Papa.
We actually made it to the library on time today (hip hip hooray!), and were able to pick out some great books after story time.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Awe come on! Vanessa's just showing Leilah how much she loves her!