Friday, September 12, 2008

Hermit Crabs



Day 5


Circle Time, 9:30am: We figured out that the date is Friday the 12th of September. We went over our words and letter of the week. Darius and Lorien remembered Bashful, Bombero, and Buho. Beseech is still a little elusive to them.


Hermit Crab Time, 9:45am: I spent some time going over the proper care and feeding of a Hermit Crab. We discussed his eating habits. What a habitat is, what an exoskeleton is and about molting. Lorien and Darius both got comfortable with picking them up by their shells. We learned that they pinch hard, and we shouldn't be too rouch with them. We found out that they like to hide. So we took the box that the crabs came in and cut a hole for the door and painted the outside. It was a great craft.


Free Art Time, 10:15am: Well, this was part of painting the box for the crabs. They did get to draw 'B's in their journals and I taught them how to draw Bee's. Darius didn't want to write 'B's but he did a great job.


10:30am: They washed their hands and ate. They wanted to play, but it was time to go to the library.


Library Time, 10:45: We all piled into our seperate cars and went to the library. Reading time was fun as always. I didn't get to observe the kids much since I had to take care of the fussy Vanessa. I forgot her blanket again! But from what I saw, both Lorien and Darius sang songs, did the motions to the librarians activities and listened very carefully when the stories were being told. They left nicely and got lots of books to read at home.

1 comment:

Mike, Chelsea and Co. said...

You girls are doing a great job! Can I send my girls to you? Annie, I'm sure your mom would be so pleased!