Saturday, May 30, 2009

In The End

Spring Break was in April. We took a two week vacation. Lorien was sick so we hadn't done preschool the two weeks before that. When we got back, Lorien and I got sick with the flu. Then we had to go back out to UT for my dad's wedding. Finally life settled and we could have somewhat of a real preschool. Then Farah told me the end was fast approaching, like within a week! I was very sad, but we pressed forward. I did the week of 5-18 to 5-22
and Farah did 5-27 and 5-29.

I forgot my camera for May 18th, but we talked about the TH sound. We did our normal routine. We sat in a circle and sang our opening song and said the Pledge of Allegiance, and completed the calendar for the month of May up to that point. The words of the day were The, This, That, Three. I brought activity pages from a book Farah let me borrow. They wrote the words down and read the sentence that they had to put the word into. Then I cut paper into shapes and I did a pattern and asked Lorien and Darius to finish the pattern. They also had a turn at doing a pattern and having me complete it. They got a bit too complicated for me! Our Science project was with an egg and Vinegar. We talked about bones and what they are made of and how important they are to us. I asked them what could make our bones go away? They said things like oil. I told them that those liquids are very soft. Then I had them smell the Vinegar. Ew yuk! It was strong. So I asked if it could disolve (make dissapear) bone. They didn't think so. So I put an egg in the cup. We talked about the shell being made of Calcium and that's what our bones are made out of. Then they poured the Vinegar into the cup. We made our guesses, or hypothesis, about what would happen to the egg. Darius said it would crack, Lorien said nothing would happen to it, and I said the shell would dissapear. Darius kept wanting to check the egg, but I told him it would take two days for it to be ready. Then we read two TH books.

No comments: