Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wednesday, January 7th

Letter of the week “0”
Word of the day: Obliterate (English)
Oreja (Spanish)
9:30-9:45 Opening Circle time. Opening song (“Good Morning/Buenos Dias”). Calendar time. Words of the day. Sharing time.
9:45-10:15 Center exploration: Letter of the week- coloring/writing letter. “I can read/write”. Making octagons.
10:15-11:00 Special project: Making & Baking (clay)
11:00-11:15 Story time
11:15-11:50 Wash hands/Snack time/Free Play
11:50-12:00 Closing circle time

I need to find my camera so I can add the pics from this day!
We sure had a lot of fun today- lots to do! After our usual routine, we made our own home made clay out of flour, water & salt. The chilren made their own sculptures & I baked them to dry them out. Making the clay was not easy! It took a lot of muscle, time and endurance! Thank goodness Darius & Lorien work out!

No comments: